Bulletin for the 4th Sunday of Easter
This is the order of worship for the worship service found here: https://bit.ly/2YuseJi Clyde Park Church of the Nazarene
Order of Worship
1. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
2. He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
3. he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
for his name's sake.
4. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff—
they comfort me.
5. You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
my whole life long.
“Guide me O Thou Great Jehovah”
Guide me, O Thou great *Jehovah, [*Redeemer] Pilgrim through this barren land; I am weak, but Thou art mighty, Hold me with Thy pow’rful hand. Bread of heaven, Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more; Feed me till I want no more.
Open now the crystal fountain, Whence the healing stream doth flow; Let the fire and cloudy pillar Lead me all my journey through. Strong Deliv’rer, strong Deliv’rer, Be Thou still my Strength and Shield; Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.
Lord, I trust Thy mighty power, Wondrous are Thy works of old; Thou deliver’st Thine from thralldom, Who for naught themselves had sold: Thou didst conquer, Thou didst conquer Sin and Satan and the grave, Sin and Satan and the grave.
When I tread the verge of Jordan, Bid my anxious fears subside; Death of death and hell’s Destruction, Land me safe on Canaan’s side. Songs of praises, songs of praises, I will ever give to Thee; I will ever give to Thee.
He Leadeth Me
He leadeth me: O blessed thought! O words with heavenly comfort fraught! Whate'er I do, where'er I be, Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
He leadeth me, he leadeth me, By his own hand he leadeth me; His faithful follower I would be, For by his hand he leadeth me.
2.Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom, Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom, By waters still, o'er troubled sea, Still 'tis his hand that leadeth me. (Refrain)
3.Lord, I would place thine hand in mine, Nor ever murmur nor repine; Content, whatever lot I see, Since 'tis thine hand that leadeth me. (Refrain)
4.And when my task on earth is done, When by thy grace the victory's won, E'en death's cold wave I will not flee, Since God through Jordan leadeth me.
You may give online at clydeparknaz.org or
mail your offering to:
Clyde Park Church of the Nazarene
2545 Clyde Park SW
Wyoming, MI 49509
1 Peter 2:19-25
19. For it is a credit to you if, being aware of God, you endure pain while suffering unjustly. 20. If you endure when you are beaten for doing wrong, what credit is that? But if you endure when you do right and suffer for it, you have God's approval. 21. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you should follow in his steps. 22. “He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”
23. When he was abused, he did not return abuse; when he suffered, he did not threaten; but he entrusted himself to the one who judges justly. 24. He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 25. For you were going astray like sheep, but now you have returned to the shepherd and guardian of your souls.
Here I am Lord
I the lord of sea and sky I have heard my people cry All who dwell in dark and sin My hand will save I have made the stars of night I will make their darkness bright Who will bear my light to them? Whom shall i send?
Here I am Lord Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night I will go Lord If You lead me
I will hold Your people in my heart
I the lord of wind and flame I will tend the poor and lame I will set a feast for them My hand will save Finest bread i will provide Till their hearts be satisfied I will give my life to them Whom shall I send?
I Will Follow
Where You go, I'll go Where You stay, I'll stay When You move, I'll move I will follow All Your ways are good All Your ways are sure I will trust in You alone Higher than my side High above my life I will trust in You alone Where You go, I'll go Where You stay, I'll stay When You move, I'll move I will follow You Who You love, I'll love How You serve I'll serve If this life I lose, I will follow You I will follow You Light unto the world Light unto my life I will live for You alone You're the one I seek Knowing I will find All I need in You alone, in You alone Where You go, I'll go Where You stay, I'll stay When You move, I'll move I will follow You Who You love, I'll love How You serve I'll serve If this life I lose, I will follow You I will follow You, yeah
In You there's life everlasting In You there's freedom for my soul In You there's joy, unending joy And I will follow Where You go, I'll go Where You stay, I'll stay When You move, I'll move I will follow Who You love, I'll love How You serve I'll serve If this life I lose, I will follow Where You go, I'll go Where You stay, I'll stay When You move, I'll move I will follow You Who You love, I'll love How You serve I'll serve If this life I lose, I will follow You, yeah I will follow You, yeah I will follow You, yeah I will follow You, yeah Joys and Concerns Matthew 10
Then Jesus summoned his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to cure every disease and every sickness. 2. These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon, also known as Peter, and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3. Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4. Simon the Cananaean, and Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed him.
5. These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6. but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7. As you go, proclaim the good news, ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8. Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. You received without payment; give without payment. 9. Take no gold, or silver, or copper in your belts, 10. no bag for your journey, or two tunics, or sandals, or a staff; for laborers deserve their food. 11. Whatever town or village you enter, find out who in it is worthy, and stay there until you leave. 12. As you enter the house, greet it. 13. If the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it; but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. 15. Truly I tell you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
16. “See, I am sending you out like sheep into the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. 17. Beware of them, for they will hand you over to councils and flog you in their synagogues; 18. and you will be dragged before governors and kings because of me, as a testimony to them and the Gentiles. 19. When they hand you over, do not worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say; for what you are to say will be given to you at that time; 20. for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. 21. Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death; 22. and you will be hated by all because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 23. When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly I tell you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
24. “A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a slave above the master; 25. it is enough for the disciple to be like the teacher, and the slave like the master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household!
26“So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered up that will not be uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known. 27. What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops. 28. Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30. And even the hairs of your head are all counted. 31. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.
32. “Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; 33. but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven.
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35. For I have come to set a man against his father,
and a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
36. and one's foes will be members of one's own household.
37. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38. and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39. Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.
40. “Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41. Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet's reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42. and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.”